It’s easy to make a mini-book! Just Flip and Fold!
- 1 piece of paper
- Two folds, two staples and a single cut makes a simple piece of paper into an eight-page mini-novel.
- A flip and fold book will not intimidate reluctant writers.
- Young and old alike can take a single idea and turn it into a story.
- Fold a piece of paper in half.
- Fold in half again.
- Staple on the fold.
- Cut off the other fold with scissors.
- Presto! You’ve made a book!
Hints for Parents and Teachers
Our kids love making these books. They can be an easy-reader for the young with only one or two sentences per page or it can even be a well -developed idea put into book form.
This type of book is great for new writers, they learn about the title page, where page numbers go, etc.
Do It Again
- Create a book about emotions with one word and drawing per page.
- Transplant a single idea from your writing journal and expand upon it.
- Create a collection of stories, jokes, or riddles in a flip and fold book.
- You can insert pictures and photographs into your flip and fold books!