What people like-
- EG is easy to use. The lessons are short!
- EG teaches prepositional phrases first.
- Covers grammar really well.
- Takes a logical approach to grammar.
What people don’t like-
- The layout is confusing at first.
- There are a few inaccuracies in the answer key.
- Some children may find EG boring and repetitive.
- There is a lot of memorization.
- You may not need to buy every book in the series due to the repetition.
- The teacher edition includes all of the student pages (plus the answer key). This means you can either photocopy from the teacher edition or there is the option to purchase a separate student workbook.
Daily Grammar offers FREE grammar lessons on their website. http://www.dailygrammar.com/
Analytical Grammar tries to eliminate the need for repetition. http://www.analyticalgrammar.com/
Wanda C. Phillips/ISHA Enterprises, Inc/ http://www.easygrammar.com/index.html
Summary from company-
“Easy Grammar texts use the prepositional approach combined with effective strategies. This helps students to understand grammar, a tool for speaking and writing properly.”
What Friends Are Saying About Easy Grammar...
We love Easy Grammar. I have used it for my 8 year old and my 12 year old this year. Quick simple lessons (10 minutes max for the youngest a little longer for my 12 year old) where teaching and practice are easy, repetitive and build. -Teresa
I started using easy grammar. It's just sentence dissecting but I am ok with that for now. -Jaime