What people like-
- Designed to help LDS families teach the scriptures to their children.
- Children can study the Book of Mormon, Old Testament, and New Testament, and other choices through age appropriate workbooks.
- Includes activities, games, puzzles, timelines, notebooking, memory verses, etc.
- The creation is taught from both Genesis and The Pearl of Great Price.
- There are materials for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Each includes craft ideas, recipes and activity pages.
- Beautiful, full-color artwork.
- Instant PDF downloads. Print as many copies as you need for your own family.
What people don’t like-
- Materials come as PDF downloads, which means a lot of self-printing.
- The colorful artwork takes up a lot of ink unless you print in black and white.
- The links come through email and include instructions for saving to a file.
- Print pages as you need them or print all at once and assemble in a 3-ring binder.
- Some materials for younger children are designed to work with the scripture readers which the Church produces. Purchase these separately through store.lds.org
The Red Headed Hostess has a flip book entitled, The History of the Bible and Why the World Needed the Book of Mormon. https://www.theredheadedhostess.com/
Time Savors has scripture characters and Book of Mormon Bingo for young children. https://www.etsy.com/shop/TimeSavors?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Deseret Book https://deseretbook.com/t/books/childrens
Summary of company- “Do you need some inspiration to get your family interested in the Book of Mormon or Bible? Do you want to study the New Testament with your family this year? You've come to the right place. Our goal is to help kids (and their families) discover and learn from the great heroes of the scriptures. Our workbooks help children explore stories and doctrine from the Book of Mormon, Old Testament, New Testament, and LDS Church History. LDS homeschool families and others wanting to help their children discover the scriptures will love our products.”
What Friends are Saying about Discover the Scriptures....
We LOVE Discover the Scriptures - Samantha
We are doingthe "Discover the scriptures" Life of Christ study book right now, along with reading the B.O.M. -Zundels
Q. What are some fun ways / ideas/ programs that have worked for you on daily scripture study for ages 3-6 in the home ? A. "Discover the Scriptures" - Penni