What people like-
- Classic children’s stories, such as Peter and the Wolf and Swan Lake, set to classical music.
- Each story is narrated by, Yadu, who has a pleasant voice.
- Features the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
- The 24-page activity books are beautifully illustrated.
- Fun and educational for children and adults.
- Includes additional music selections, composer biographies and much more.
What people don’t like-
- Some children may be sensitive to parts of the stories or music.
- Most reviews of Maestro Classics are very positive.
- There are free curriculum guides on the website under the Education tab.
- Choose from the CD or MP3 download. The CD includes the activity book in print. The MP3 includes the activity book in PDF.
- Purchase your favorite stories separately or buy as a set.
Another great music curriculum is Music Appreciation for the Elementary Grades: Book 1
Check out 52 Composers.com which offers free music appreciation. http://www.52composers.com/
Stephen Simon; Bonnie Ward Simon/ http://www.maestroclassics.com/
Summary from company-
“Stories in Music™ is the new classical music series for children and families. Produced by Maestro Classics™ (formerly Magic Maestro Music ®), this series of works for narrator and symphony orchestra features new, sophisticated performances with the London Philharmonic Orchestra and child-friendly, fun-filled stories and musical explanations. Educational for adults and children alike, this series grew out of family concerts created by conductor Stephen Simon and his wife, music educator/executive producer Bonnie Ward Simon, and premiered at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. Rave reviews nationwide and numerous top awards have greeted this unique series of classical music CDs for kids with its signature format.”