What people like-
- 3-7 year olds will enjoy the reading lessons taught through interactive animated characters, songs, games and positive reinforcement.
- Works with iPad and Android devices.
- Parents can track their child’s progress.
What people don’t like-
It’s not free. Parents buy a 6-month subscription for $49.95 or a 1-year subscription for $69.
- Try the free sample lessons on the website.
- Take advantage of the free trial period. Reading Eggs will email you discount codes throughout the trial so you won’t pay full price.
- This may be best as a supplement to your child’s main reading program.
For free online phonics and resources, try Starfall. http://www.starfall.com/ (More Starfall has a $35 yearly membership fee.)
Reading Bear is also free, if you are just looking for some phonic reinforcement.
Author/Publisher/Website- Blake e-learning/ http://readingeggs.com/
Summary from company- “We created Reading Eggs as a unique online world where children learn to read. It supports each child’s learning by offering individual, one-on-one lessons that allow children to progress at their own rate. The program has been developed by a highly experienced team of educational teachers, writers and developers. The Reading Eggs program focuses on a core reading curriculum of phonics and sight words using skills and strategies essential for sustained reading success.”
What Friends Say About Reading Eggs
I believe in a balance of both phonics and sight reading. I love Reading Eggs for this reason, and I don't have to do it...haha. all about reading/spelling teaches all the sounds a letter can make which is great too. As adults we don't sound out words we know, but sometimes we come across words we don't know and well, we have to sound them out...so it' is still important to know phonics IMO - Jennifer
Reading eggs has some fun games! -TK
Reading Eggs has a 2 week free trial.( To make sure it fits his level) Also, don't you dare pay full price! It should be 20 bucks if you use the homeschool discount. This Kids online group organizes discounts for Reading Eggs etc.http://community.babycenter.com/.../15_reading_eggsyr.... - Marie
My son loved Reading Eggs. It helped him a lot. - Mandy
My 4 yr old went from crying to loving to read using Reading Eggs too! -Marie